Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC Slow, or forum?
I have noticed that my paging is quite

slow here in the forum.....is this normal... i have 256 MB RAM and 2.6 GHz processor.....:think: Getting 512 RAM next month.....is memory the problem for

slow pageing or is it part of this site?? Not a critique....Just a question to Admin or others who know how it all comes together.... Smile<P>
Also, on boot up

i have a very long wait with a fash screen while my computer does absolutely nothing (perhaps a whole 90 seconds or a little more:zz:??) then it goes

into the boot sequence....<p>

Is my bios looking for something that isn't there? :\<p>
What do y'all need from me to help me clear the long wait?

and <p>
What's a bios?<_< <p>
Is there a way to print or 'tell' y'all what is going on inside my machine to slow the bootup down? or should i jsut

take it to a shop? I'd like to try to fix it <i>on my own with a little help from my friends</i> <p>
Where do ya wanta start?:wall:
Well, sometimes the forum here is

slow, but I haven't noticed any slowness. Have the rest of you?

So if its not the forum, it'll propbly be your PC. How many things run on startup for

your PC? Cause I turned a bunch of mine off and my PC starts up quicker!

FW
~ FFW
when i go to all forums its slow so it cant

just be this one.
As far as I've noticed FW its not slow

here.

-Beta
It's slow on occasion, when Dajoob

is having problems...
But, if you have a problem with your machine, it could make your webpage downloading a whole lot

slower....

_ISR_m3rc_
bnza8 Wrote:when i go to all forums its slow so it cant

just be this one.

Of course. Firefox acts lazy on all forums.
Is there any settings to be changed?
Thanks for all of your advise and posts conserning the slowness of my forum navigation.....Ive recently upgraded to XP [again]and things are going much better.

When i joined last year i was using XP but then gave my good computer to my son for christmas...Things are better now and the extra RAM definitely helped. <br>Thanks again to all who took the time to put in their 2 cents (nickle -  inflation!)
Hey, long time no see, Jougukny. Smile
~ FFW

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slow Loading Geo. 1 643 03-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Last Post: jckkeith