Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War
(01-16-2011, 01:24 PM)Liberated360 Wrote: We all know about war. War is an absolutely horrible subject and injustice, and if you think otherwise, I would like to know why.

War can be thought of on three different levels.
  1. Nation vs. Nation
  2. Army vs. Army
  3. Man vs. Man
Wars are started because one nation has a problem with another. So, to deal with their own conflicts, political leaders send thousands of men to go out and fight thousands of other men, whom they do not know (and, therefore, have no reason to fight) to try to kill each other, with the thought that killing a thousands of men from the opposing nation will make everything better.

In my opinion, the most just version of war would be two political leaders stepping into a ring with each other, but that's just me.

The army brainwashes soldiers. All soldiers are the same. They see their own army as their brothers, and develop great bonds with them. I mean, think about it. Soldiers are saving each other all the time. They don't want to be in war with another army whom they don't know! Why would they!? And both armies are exactly the same. Neither one wants to be there.

Armies don't see the other army as individuals. They simply see them as an enemy. The army brainwashes soldiers to think on the level of "Army vs. Army". If soldiers were able to think on the level of "Man vs. Man", think about how different it would be. Instead of seeing the enemy soldiers as evil being, they would see them as innocent humans who want to be there no more than they do. They would see them as men and women with families, children, and memories. No normal human wants to end a life, destroy a family, or crush dreams.

If every soldier was to realize, "hey, this is really stupid", and to just stop fighting, the results would be mass. Of course, this would never happen. A solider would never lower his weapon in from of an enemy with fear of being shot, and who can blame them.

Soldiers are trained and forced to think on the "Army vs. Army" level, which, in my opinion, is sad. One of my favorite quotes on this topic is from the book "All Quiet on the Western Front". The main character says:
"Terror can be endured so long as a man simply ducks;-but it kills, if a man thinks about it."
In short, if soldiers were to think about what they were actually doing (ending lives of other humans just like themselves, destroying families, etc.) they'd probably go insane.

Anyone agree or disagree?

I kinda agree with you. But every leader got deep betrayer side. I know you will say "What that refers to?" but if they force the soldiers to kill other soldiers then they got no choice.

Messages In This Thread
War - by Liberated360 - 01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
RE: War - by The Anarchist - 01-17-2011, 02:30 AM
RE: War - by RRain - 01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
RE: War - by Hollow™ - 01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: War - by Melted oreo - 03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
RE: War - by Step Up 3™ - 03-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Poem] War? Metapod 1 538 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Over-night war [POEM] Intro 18 3,161 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM