Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there such a thing?
Is there such a software that you can take a picture of a page from a book that's in a different language and it will translate it for you without actually typing the words in?

I havespanish hw and it would be easier if I could take a picture of the page and transfer it to my computer and it will automatically translate into english.

Is there such a thing?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Not that i know of...
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
I'd just translate it cause by the time you try to find something like that you could already have it done
[Image: fade-Signature.gif]
-Thanks Extasey Thumbsup
that would be the coolest program ever... and be wicked expensive
Kurweil 3000 or something like that and it is quite.
Wait, there really is a program like this?
Help me hatch my egg please ;P[Image: BmT8.gif]
[Image: Evo-Sig2.jpg]
(11-13-2009, 09:25 AM)Evo Wrote: Wait, there really is a program like this?

Well, optical character recognition technology has been around for years (scan a page of a book in, it will convert the image into text) and so has translation technology. I will be very surprised if there isn't.
I've heard there are scanners at some universities with the image=>text to feature built in, so I wouldn't doubt there is software that can do it. Then all you'd have to do is translate the entire text...
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(11-13-2009, 03:07 PM)JDBar Wrote: I've heard there are scanners at some universities with the image=>text to feature built in, so I wouldn't doubt there is software that can do it. Then all you'd have to do is translate the entire text...

You're on the right track. I know of (actually just saw five minutes ago) software that can convert an image to text.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
Yeah, theres plenty of software. I have seen a scanner with the function built in, but it was REALLY expensive.

It also gets a few characters mixed up every now and then. Small things like l and 1. You will have to proof read it. Once you have the text just chuck it into Google translator!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most embarrassing thing in class? Prominent 8 1,605 09-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Stєєz
  Best thing closet to a cell phone tracer... online free?... Resistance 1 634 06-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Deranged
  I miss one thing here... Aridity 5 859 12-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Mike.
  [GAME] ------------- First Thing That You Think Of ------------- MyNameIs940 62 21,624 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Đενɨаηсε™
  Hobbie Thread; what's your thing? mike+holst 11 1,725 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Last Post: manikertamang