Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popcorn
Alright, didn't know where to put this so I guess it goes here. I'm hungry as I type this, I tried popping some popcorn in the microwave, the bag just made a sizzling sound as if the butter was just boiling. Now, my microwave does not spin like most microwaves, could that be the problem?
[Image: xypfOL.png]
My microwave doesn't spin either, popcorn works fine though. How long did you put it in for and by which brand is the popcorn made?
(01-05-2012, 07:41 PM)Quizzical Wrote: My microwave doesn't spin either, popcorn works fine though. How long did you put it in for and by which brand is the popcorn made?
Orval (not sure I spelt it right, it has that old guy on the front). It's not those mini bags, it's a large bag. I put it in for 1 minute 30 seconds, no popping. I tried 2 minutes, 30 seconds like 10 popped but they burned.
Probably just a lemon, did you try again with another bag?
(01-05-2012, 07:56 PM)Cykn Wrote: Probably just a lemon, did you try again with another bag?
I tried 4 bags, one left. I've tried pouring it into a bowl (it exploded). I tried cooking it 30 seconds, stopping shaking the bag putting i back another 30 seconds (I got 20 pieces, out over maybe 100). It's really pissing me off, all I want is popcorn... I have cheesecake, but I want to give that to my cousin.
(01-05-2012, 08:02 PM)MineCrack Wrote: I tried 4 bags, one left. I've tried pouring it into a bowl (it exploded). I tried cooking it 30 seconds, stopping shaking the bag putting i back another 30 seconds (I got 20 pieces, out over maybe 100). It's really pissing me off, all I want is popcorn... I have cheesecake, but I want to give that to my cousin.

Either the entire box is a lemon, or the issue is the microwave after all. Does anything else do anything weird when you cook it?
Try choosing different power/heat settings on the microwave?
Put it on full power.

Also, lol @ this thread being in Healthy Living and Lifestyle.
Try it to full power possibly, your microwave in general just might be toast. 2 minutes 22 seconds is the norm in what time I use for the Orville Redenbachers popcorn bags. They turn out fine, and lol at this topic, feels weird replying to popcorn problems on a forum, but well thats life Smile
So your popcorn doesn't pop and then gradually stops at one to two seconds a pop.
CUse once it does that's the time to take out your popcorn.
You could try lowering the temperature on your microwave.
I ran out of popcorn, so I gave up. I'll be testing again later.