Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How not to get owned on Facebook
How NOT to get owned on facebook

In the sprawling shopping center of the mind, boredom is an incessant advertisement guy who keeps pushing flyers in your face, despite the uncensored death threats. In the online world, when people get bored, they do lots of things. Some make websites, a few sell stuff and a lot of people search for entertaining pictures on Google. Just sayin'.
But there are a select few, who decide to undertake the not-so-noble but highly rewarding art of øwning people.
Øwning people is a sport that existed ever since the existence of people who made fools of themselves. And this practice carries on through the Internet.
Now, øwnage is a one-sided business. One øwns, the other becomes the biggest idiot on the thread. But there are a few things one can do to avoid getting øwned. I'm nice enough to lay them out for you in plain English.

1. Refrain from posting statuses which identify you as desperate, shallow or mentally retarded.
This a sure way to ward off atleast 70% of ownage away from your wall.

2. Learn to use a keyboard/keypad properly
TYpInnGg Likee thIz will make you an easy target for many pre-prepared starting lines like "Is your keyboard having seizures?"

3. Keep it real. Use your damn name.
If for privacy reasons, you change your online name, then you completely missed the point of facebook. Go download AOL or Yahoo if you want an awkward screen name. Facebook is about connections and relations. And its hard to connect with anyone who has a clearly fake name.
Example: Dèsþérätê Tròublémäkèr, Thåt Uñkñøwñ Gûý

4. Keep your mouth shut
Don't post offensive or sarcastic comments unless you can handle the heat you get from others. Many a times, people with the intention to øwn someone just end up digging their own grave.

5. If you're caught in the heat, stay out of the kitchen
If you're caught on the other side of an øwnage, GET OUT. Simple.
When you see that you have no support, be smart and back out.

6. Don't try to "fix" it
You'll make it worse for yourself, and easier for them.

7. Don't argue with them
Arguing with someone who's trying to øwn you is like cooking yourself in an oven at 900 degrees Celsius. You end up getting burned BY YOURSELF. Just back out.

8. Girls don't be feminist, Guys don't be racist.
Its just begging for comments (-_-)

And finally,
9. Make friends with people who know what to do
If you have friends in your list who support you, and know what to do, then you're pretty much set. Nobody touches you or they get øwned.

Thanks for reading. Now go out there and try not to get øwned. Oh, and If you actually do any of these things, then I just øwned you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was mainly written for comedic purposes. Most of this is embellishment.

Don't be afraid to comment and rate it with your opinion =)
I couldn't agree more about girls not being feminist. I absolutely can't stand statuses that say thing along the lines of "All guys are stupid," etc. Girls shouldn't classify and judge an entire gender like that.

Thanks for posting this. It was a fun read and I got much enjoyment out of it.
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(04-30-2011, 01:32 PM)Ambition Wrote: I couldn't agree more about girls not being feminist. I absolutely can't stand statuses that say thing along the lines of "All guys are stupid," etc. Girls shouldn't classify and judge an entire gender like that.

Thanks for posting this. It was a fun read and I got much enjoyment out of it.

And not just statuses. I see it sometimes in comments, like pages, etc. There is, after all, a limit right?

Glad you enjoyed reading Big Grin
Took me some time to type it out on my cell phone lol
Or you can just be yourself...
(04-30-2011, 04:12 PM)Deltron Wrote: Or you can just be yourself...

I guess your one line pretty much summarizes the whole thing Smile
Don't think we need to prove ourselves on FaceBook as we all know each other in real life.
(05-01-2011, 09:08 AM)Dat Not Curry Wrote: Don't think we need to prove ourselves on FaceBook as we all know each other in real life.

If you've been on facebook as long as I have, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Half the people in my friends list are different on facebook than they are in real life.
You needed a guide for this? I see this happen a lot, too..but it is mainly because kids use Facebook to talk to girls and talk crap to people they would never approach in real life. You meet people, than add them on Facebook. Solves all issues.
(05-01-2011, 11:20 AM)Laugh Wrote: You needed a guide for this? I see this happen a lot, too..but it is mainly because kids use Facebook to talk to girls and talk crap to people they would never approach in real life. You meet people, than add them on Facebook. Solves all issues.

Oh, thats just the half of it. If only you could see the statuses some people put up
Rolleyes
I should post some pics of them on SF Big Grin
I'd like to add don't post stuff like:
  • Haxored by X (X as You)
  • FML
  • fudge You

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whitney Houston [got owned] cheeseburger 9 1,057 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  I got owned by a crackhead. ktmrider530 2 659 03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Last Post: ktmrider530