Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folding @ Home
Hey guys, earlier on today i found this worth while website called "Folding@home" Its basicly a program that you can download. Once downloaded you can connect to a group to form a "super pc".

Quote:Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.

Folding@home

Information about Folding
Quote:http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Science

I think its really worth checking it out and helping out.

Folding@Home used to be on the PS3. seems like a great project to me.
Ok, so we get a super computer, and then what?
If you read what its about before replying then you wouldnt have to ask.... would you...
It's too hard for me. It just confuses me
So my computer will be safe and my information (any of it) won't be leeched right?
(04-16-2011, 08:24 AM)sp0rky Wrote: So my computer will be safe and my information (any of it) won't be leeched right?

Yes it converts CPU Energy to something that helps something, I don't know what though.

It is strange yet it is for a good cause. But the only down part is that it slows down your computer dramatically.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Basicly its adds all the cpus together connect via the internet which an maths algorithm of how folding of something is done, when this is found out researchers can create drugs and research in more! AD HD PD all have been researched view the award page for more info..

It really shouldn't effect your cpu that much....
(04-16-2011, 06:35 AM)dCrypt Wrote: Folding@Home used to be on the PS3. seems like a great project to me.

It still is, basically I might even make a SF Folding @ Home group so that we all help towards a better future and help schools find a cure for cancer.

Basically he provides schools like Stanford better computing and find a way to cure cancer, which is their man goal right now.
Never heard of this before sounds decent though might have to look in to it. Thanks for sharing.
[Image: ty1er.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HOME PLEASURE (LEGALY) MoRPhiNE 9 1,126 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Swat Runs Train
  Restructuring home Trinit 12 1,830 11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CinNAMon