Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant hd thrashing - how can I change the sessionstore folder?
I'm having problems with constant thrashing and noise of a new drive on my laptop (seagate momentus 5400.3 120gig - replaced it once, same problem). As such, I want to set all my temp/cache/log folders to either an external drive or a RAM disk. I found instructions for the Firefox cache - but using the Filemon utility I see that Firefox is constantly writing to the sessionstore and boomarks files.

If I go to about:config I see how to change the session backup interval - however, I would prefer to just set the file to a different drive or RAM disk as I don't need my sessions restored when I reboot. How can I do this? any other advice on reducing firefox disk access? Thanks!
The version of firefox on portableapps.com has been modified to access the disc as little as possible in a bid to extend the life of flash drives. Using that would be the easiest and probably most efficient way of reducing drive access by firefox.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bookmark quick folder 0.2.20061217 for Firefox Forum Bot 2 549 12-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Last Post: BETA_mybb_import3230
  Save Image in Folder 1.1.1 for Firefox Forum Bot 1 615 12-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Last Post: FirefoxWiz
  Save Link in Folder 1.3.1 for Firefox Forum Bot 0 381 12-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Forum Bot