Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Https proxy not supported (Error 512)
This may be too early in the organization of the "support forum" to ask a question but I have no idea where else to ask it, so here it is -

When I try to access a secure site I get the following message and I can't find a cure for the problem.

"Https proxy not supported (Error 512)

The Https Proxy is not supproted.Please check the browser's proxy settings for Https traffic"

(Yep, it really says SUPPROTED)
Are you using a proxy? Because it says browser's proxy settings for https!
~ FFW
What version of Firefox are you currently running, while receiving this error?
And, as FirefoxWiz asked, are you using a proxy, as the proxy might not support https.

Dr Small
Hello, Panchovilla! Welcome to the forum!

if you're in Firefox 2, try going to Tools > Options > Advanced > Encryption > and check both:
  • Use SSL 3.0
  • Use TSL 1.0
Then click ok, and try the secure site again!
Let us know the results!
Sara
I'm using V2.0.0.1. Sara, I've tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I have no trouble accessing secure sites using Netscape or IE. I did finally resolve the problem by checking the box -- Auto-detect proxy settings for this network, in Options, Network, Settings. So, thanks to you all, I hope you are having a Merry Christmas or a Merry "Whatever" you celebrate. And good luck in the New Year!
Panchovilla Wrote:did finally resolve the problem by checking the box -- Auto-detect proxy settings for this network, in Options, Network, Settings.

That's good. And if you have anymore problems, be sure to ask them here ;)
Dr Small
Panchovilla Wrote:I'm using V2.0.0.1. Sara, I've tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I have no trouble accessing secure sites using Netscape or IE. I did finally resolve the problem by checking the box -- Auto-detect proxy settings for this network, in Options, Network, Settings. So, thanks to you all, I hope you are having a Merry Christmas or a Merry "Whatever" you celebrate. And good luck in the New Year!

Glad you got it fixed Panchovilla! Smile And come back anytime if you have anymore problems! We'll try to see what we can do to help!
~ FFW

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  firefox proxy related question addneybain 0 286 01-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Last Post: addneybain