Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are lacking in the English language.
I only did three years of high-school. I never completed high-school, i do my best with grammar, spelling and all that jazz. It's pretty hard to spell a word wrong on here anyway with spell check installed. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm using the right comma or doing things how they should be done, but i think i get my message across the majority of the time.

Quote:7. German

I have NO idea how German got on that list and Finnish didn't >.> Finnish and Hungarian are both Finno-Ugric languages, so they're somewhat related. Anyway, you're right. Let's drop this "Is English difficult?" subject. Back to what English is lacking ^^
(10-17-2009, 11:53 PM)SupportMaster Wrote: Believe it or not, it's said that the English language is one of the (if not the) hardest languages to learn (foreigner or not).

Well, I don't think so. I'm learning English and i find it easy to learn, compare with my native language, French. Even some Frenchie have difficulties to speak their own language !
Or, maybe English is hard to learn, but, there is so many people who wants, and who needs to speak English, that learning English became a business. There are too many organisation "Learn English in 3 weeks". So, if english WAS hard to learn, now, it became easier.

( That's only my point of view, and maybe not the truth ).
(10-19-2009, 12:33 AM)legolas64 Wrote: Well, I don't think so. I'm learning English and i find it easy to learn, compare with my native language, French. Even some Frenchie have difficulties to speak their own language !
Or, maybe English is hard to learn, but, there is so many people who wants, and who needs to speak English, that learning English became a business. There are too many organisation "Learn English in 3 weeks". So, if english WAS hard to learn, now, it became easier.

( That's only my point of view, and maybe not the truth ).

I understand that you're only learning still, but in your post there was over ten grammatical errors. My point is to master the English language, it's extremely difficult, and to some extend, impossible. There are constantly new words being released and if we were to expand the current vocabulary of the average layman, there may be much improperness within the everyday language.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
I'm going to bump this.
I think it would be a better idea if we just had one universal language everyone spoke. And I'm not talking about math.
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
(04-06-2010, 12:35 AM)S1cKL3R Wrote: I think it would be a better idea if we just had one universal language everyone spoke. And I'm not talking about math.

Yeah, but that'd kill a lot of business. Think about the people that would lose their jobs. Translators and interpreters, mainly. Plus, the diversity is so nice. I love hearing new languages, especially beautiful ones like Czech. I like learning about different ones too.. it's one of my main hobbies. If there were just one universal language, all that wouldn't exist :/
(04-06-2010, 12:46 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Yeah, but that'd kill a lot of business. Think about the people that would lose their jobs. Translators and interpreters, mainly. Plus, the diversity is so nice. I love hearing new languages, especially beautiful ones like Czech. I like learning about different ones too.. it's one of my main hobbies. If there were just one universal language, all that wouldn't exist :/

I don't mean one language that we are all forced to speak. I just mean one that is universal. You can still speak all your other languages. It's just nice to not have to learn another language to get a job because a bunch of Mexicans decided that California was the place the outta be.

(04-06-2010, 12:48 AM)S1cKL3R Wrote: I don't mean one language that we are all forced to speak. I just mean one that is universal. You can still speak all your other languages. It's just nice to not have to learn another language to get a job because a bunch of Mexicans decided that California was the place the outta be.

It's called English Hehe

But yeah, I agree. It's very annoying.
Even more annoying is when you call HP or Dell support and you get stuck with some middle eastern person that clearly didn't have to pass an English comprehension exam to get his/her job..
(04-06-2010, 12:52 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: It's called English Hehe

But yeah, I agree. It's very annoying.
Even more annoying is when you call HP or Dell support and you get stuck with some middle eastern person that clearly didn't have to pass an English comprehension exam to get his/her job..

OH MY GOD that happens to me ALL the time. And they act like they have American names so we don't bitch lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm making my own language! King 26 3,946 05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Last Post: KingQuarter
  Not Being Able To Click Things In My Container (HTML/CSS) BreShiE 0 590 02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Starting A New Language | LOLCODE BreShiE 2 915 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  [English] Homework Help Pleassse [Finals] Buzz Lightyear 0 586 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Buzz Lightyear
  Things you do for fun? Psychosis 25 5,368 04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Last Post: sparkā„¢