Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent need of help
http://mois.tostamaa.ee/pano/

Any information on how to code/picture this would be really helpful.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
They are 360 images, shot by 360 cameras(very expensive)

They simply rotate the 360 image by some kind of image rotation screen, or by producing a good amount of FPS
Clearly its done in flash.
The preloader is a giveaway if not the right click.
As to how to do it. Not really hard if you have the images you need to create it.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(04-03-2012, 02:15 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Clearly its done in flash.
The preloader is a giveaway if not the right click.
As to how to do it. Not really hard if you have the images you need to create it.

That is what I was wondering, thnk you.
All flash websites have a crappy and lengthy load time, not to mention in the background a substantially oversized server load. So I wouldn't recommend it anyways unless you could do this in JS and pull it off. (jQuery or HTML5)
(04-03-2012, 11:31 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: All flash websites have a crappy and lengthy load time, not to mention in the background a substantially oversized server load. So I wouldn't recommend it anyways unless you could do this in JS and pull it off. (jQuery or HTML5)

Nah, I was asking it for a co-worker who wants to make one.
He is renting out apartments, so he wants to make his apartments look like that.
There are camera's that have this feature called panorama. Basically it will shoot a whole bunch of photo's continually, then while it is doing this, slowly spin in a circle. Also there are other ways to do this, like in the example they use flash.
I personally get annoyed with flash sites as they can be slow, they require the dependency of a good and working flash player with your browser, rather than using something (better in my opinion) like a fast loading (fancy) javascript for some cool animations. He's trying to rent apartments, but understand he's probably not a web developer, so there's the factor of stepping into an unknown world with him there, and he should be taking in some advice when starting out Smile

You don't want to have a flash site that takes 3-5 minutes to load, especially on startup, which may possibly leave the end-viewer frustrated when actually viewing the page they are supposed to see, otherwise, just click out of your website and give you a 90% bounce rate in return.
(04-04-2012, 09:17 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I personally get annoyed with flash sites as they can be slow, they require the dependency of a good and working flash player with your browser, rather than using something (better in my opinion) like a fast loading (fancy) javascript for some cool animations. He's trying to rent apartments, but understand he's probably not a web developer, so there's the factor of stepping into an unknown world with him there, and he should be taking in some advice when starting out Smile

You don't want to have a flash site that takes 3-5 minutes to load, especially on startup, which may possibly leave the end-viewer frustrated when actually viewing the page they are supposed to see, otherwise, just click out of your website and give you a 90% bounce rate in return.

I get your point, but the Panorama link in OP takes me 1-5 seconds to load. Taking my PC is 9 years old.
Flash if done properly is quick to load.
You dont use the whole site as a flash page if you can avoid it rather the pieces you need to load.
Still i think the site is neat. Loaded instantly for me.
Sucks to have slow bandwidth i agree.
Flash sucks ass for seo though. Thats the big killer although the appeal is high.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM