Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you cope?
(01-05-2012, 11:53 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Everyone does, I seen your post just now about your girl friend. I think it's nice to see the various ways that people try to cope with their problems. It gives opportunity to others to try new things and see what works best for themselves. I just heard that working out does help, it's almost like a physical way of releasing tension and stress in the form of physical energy. But at the same time, turning it into a routine could boost your self confidence as well because you're doing something healthy, and i'm sure anyone can be happy with results that it brings to their physique.

A few more I know off my head that i've never tried however.

-Meditation
-Yoga (probably more for the females)
-Dance (along with basically any kind of hobby that you might have, my girlfriend told me that she enjoys dancing to keep her mind off things though)

You could go golfing, play basketball, do whatever you want. I'm sure it helps as long as you can focus your thoughts away from whatever is bothering you at the time you do it.

My ultimate definition of coping with problems:
Quote:Anything that keeps your mind off the actual problem at hand for a long enough period of time, ensuring that you're brain gets enough of a break so that you're not overwhelmed when you have to go back and try to deal with that particular problem
I view it that way, everyone needs a break, and it's not only physically, in this case it's most likely going to take a mental break to get you back on track where you need to be.

She isn't my girl friend. If she was there would be no problem. My problem is that I don't want her to turn into my girl friend.
I separated girlfriend into 2 words to hopefully only suggest that it was a "girl" -(that is a)- "friend" so that's what I meant, but I should have just went with "friend" alone instead of defining the gender half also lol.
Cigarettes are my saviour, I don't believe anything else helps me.
(01-06-2012, 04:11 AM)iKraZee Wrote: Cigarettes are my saviour, I don't believe anything else helps me.

See, cigarettes don't do anything to help you, that's all in your head. There's nothing in cigarettes that makes or solves problems, it's just become a routine habit you've programmed into your mind, therefore it's become the standard action for whenever you're stressed out lol.

I've seen people like this all the time. "Oh i'm so stressed, need to have another cigarette!..." Then come time to quit smoking, all the excuses come out "I always get stressed, so whenever I try to quit, the more I get stressed the more I have to smoke... Just can't win"

But where does the word "have" come into play? lol There's no need for it. People make it that way.

Whatever works for someone though I guess. I just don't believe coping for a problem you're having is solved by avoiding it and replacing it with another problem.
(01-06-2012, 04:11 AM)iKraZee Wrote: Cigarettes are my saviour, I don't believe anything else helps me.

I'm a smoker, well, becoming an ex-smoker (smoked only 3 cigs this week, used to smoke a pack a day). Trust me, cigarettes won't solve anything. Your mind is not clear and your judgement can be influenced by them. Quit them and you'll see the differences. And you'll be able to solve problems easier than you used to while smoking.
Honestly I never have anything too bad happen to me. I've never smoked, I'm in great health and I really wouldn't know how to cope with something terrible.

This thread should be moved to the emotional support section.
I used to smoke. I quit for about a year, but I'm starting it up again. Same with weed.
Those aren't really for dealing with stress though, I just like it.
When I'm upset, I get on the computer and start up a video game. Usually a driving game. I used to actually drive, but then I was informed that I'd be arrested if I kept doing that, because I don't technically have a licence.
I don't find myself with many big problems in life but when it happens I always seem to let myself go and turn to Alchohol. Sometimes, it's great I get drunk and have a great night. A few times I have ended up being locked up for 24 hours for being drunk and disorderly when having major problems with drink.
(01-08-2012, 08:10 AM)Thomas Wrote: Honestly I never have anything too bad happen to me. I've never smoked, I'm in great health and I really wouldn't know how to cope with something terrible.

This thread should be moved to the emotional support section.

You are very very lucky buddy. I hope nothing goes bad for you, or you are in for a world of hate bro.
I'm not addicted to anything you posted.