Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it relatively simple to install a new video card?
Lately I started playing a few PC games, and most of them lag ridiculously. I've decided it's time to upgrade my video card, but I'm not sure how much work is involved.

Any tips?
[Image: TYzKF.png]
It's very easy. All you need to do is put it into the PCI slot on your motherboard.
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chr...a+gfx+card
Well hell, I'll be headin to Best Buy sometime this week, then.
(09-04-2011, 06:45 PM)Orgy Wrote: Well hell, I'll be headin to Best Buy sometime this week, then.
Make sure that you buy the proper card for your motherboard.
Your motherboard may not support certain cards.
Also, checkout Newegg, they have great deals on things like graphics cards:
http://www.newegg.com/
How would I know if my motherboard supports it? Keep in mind I'm incredibly retarded when it comes to hardware.
(09-04-2011, 07:01 PM)Orgy Wrote: How would I know if my motherboard supports it? Keep in mind I'm incredibly retarded when it comes to hardware.
Find out what motherboard you have and post it here.
[Image: ss20110904232005.png]
What kind of graphics card are you looking to get? How much voltage can your powerbox supply? What is your budget? We'll start with that.
(09-04-2011, 10:38 PM)Ace Wrote: What kind of graphics card are you looking to get? How much voltage can your powerbox supply? What is your budget? We'll start with that.

Well of course I'd like to be as cheap as I can.

I'd like to be able to use multiple monitors and run starcraft 2 smoothly. I can upgrade my psu if necessary.
I'm not finding a lot of information about your motherboard, other than they most commonly come in a bundle pack with a nvideo geforce 6 series card. I'm not a big gamer though so that doesn't quite tell me much lol.

Personally I would suggest Intel, but if you say you're looking for a price, you could go with AMD, although they aren't going to be as good as Intel generally. If you're looking to be a gamer, you would/should go with Intel, and if you're a top gamer, I would suggest a few ATI cards for you, however those things can get up to around $500 and are not cheap. You're either PCI, or PCI express and PCI if you have a newer computer, but I can't find a manufacturer's website or anything for the motherboard you have from google. Or i'm missing something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspiron e1705 video card problem duckyshucky 2 1,066 12-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Last Post: duckyshucky