Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Notepad Plus + v2.5 [Coded by Ace]
Thanks for the new download link Unleashed, and damn bro, you type a lot.
Again, thanks.
No problem, I think I finally fixed all of the bugs to it now. And I even added more code to ensure any errors with the config file. using Catch ex As exception for if it finds anything it can't read in the config.ini.
Thanks for the new download link
Thanks alot for this, appreciate it. Smile
My Find text in my notepad not working :/
Thanks for sharing this Unleashed Smile
Thanks for this i will surely put this to work

Aim = Pr8Source
Very nice release! Thanks
I have a better release with it's own file encryption system embedded in it Smile Not releasing that one here though. Only on my forum.

New Features:

Icon - Indicator for modified text
[Image: iIg3E.png]

Entire Encryption system
Easy Simple Encryption (NTFS filesystem)
Link to application directory
Link to Keys backup locaiton for Encryption passwords (Optional)
Delete original file after loading/opening a file into the editor
Smart statistics

The encrypted file keeps it's file extention by appending a file extention of a custom ".encrypted" so a file that would be "text.txt" would then become, "text_txt.encrypted" Smile You can change the file extention though, you won't be able to view the text unless you decrypt it back using the password it was encrypted with. I used an SHA512 hash with a Rijndael encryption algorythm. it takes the first 254bit data out of the 512 to create the key for your password (that you define yourself), and then an Initialized Vector which takes a bit of the remaining bit data, (128 bit) to encrypt part of the first.

Basically I converted the password string to an array which then gets converted to a byte, then we can use the SHA512 to hash that byte and we'll convert the first 256 bits of the 512 for the hashed byte value to make the password, which then gets encrypted by a bit of the remaining bytes with the IV.

I think it was a good idea to add this in, as now you can finish a text file, and encrypt it securely right after you're done. Exports for a "Key Backup" i've specified to be created in a special folder in case you forget your password.

Just one of the many new features, that I haven't released yet for others to enjoy ;)
Very nice tutorial, I'll try it when I'm home!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Code Challenge - Created by Ace AceInfinity 5 1,659 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  File Profiler Demo - Preview - Developed by Ace AceInfinity 4 1,377 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  New System Diagnostic Tool - Created by Ace AceInfinity 28 8,554 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: UrbanByte
  RoboBackup [Created by Ace] AceInfinity 22 6,718 11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Hex
  [Rlease] Advanced Notepad Chelloa 11 3,050 10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: John.