Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ISP blows
I need some intuition from all of you's because quite frankly, my ISP pissing the fudge out of me.

A couple of weeks ago, I used to have an internet plan with 155GB of bandwidth (both upload and download). The plan I had gave me 75 GB but I have two 40GB insurance plans added, tallying up to 155GB monthly.

I decided to call them to have the two extra insurance plans removed since I was predicting to steadily decline my internet access over the course of the summer for personal reasons. When I called them, I was standing at a current usage of 140GB or so. I thought 15GB would be OK to end the month without going over my bandwidth. So, they made the changes and removed the additional insurance plans.

Today, I decided to check-in on my usage on my ISP's website using their handy usage tracking service. I noticed the following;

[Image: usage.png]

I called them and spoke about it and they said because I went over my bandwidth, they are going to bill me that surplus 20GB or so that I went over using the over usage fee, which is 2.50$ per GB. I was freaking out.

Here's why.
I was already at 140GB-ish when I cancelled the insurance plans. Having said that, they're going to charge me extra usage fees on usage that was carried out before the changes were made?! That's incredibly ridiculous!

It's so badly done that I'm getting confused even trying to explain it to you. My ISP is full of sh*t.
My ISP gives me unlimited broadband, with good speeds. It's only £7.50 a month, which is great.

You should change provider.
Someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.
(04-29-2011, 12:40 PM)eax Wrote: My ISP gives me unlimited broadband, with good speeds. It's only £7.50 a month, which is great.

You should change provider.

I live in Canada and specifically where I reside, no one offers unlimited bandwidth.
(04-29-2011, 12:47 PM)Solidify Wrote: I live in Canada and specifically where I reside, no one offers unlimited bandwidth.
You should try to get Comcast. Its pretty good and im pretty sure its in Canada, plus its cheap.
Two words Solidy...
Sue them

But in case that doesn't work, I suggest you try contacting their upper management with all of your problem details ready. It should work.
(04-29-2011, 01:10 PM)RDCA Wrote: You should try to get Comcast. Its pretty good and im pretty sure its in Canada, plus its cheap.

I live in Montreal, Quebec. We don't have Comcast. This is the ONLY unlimited internet plan in all of Quebec (my province). http://www.acanac.ca/
Teksavvy offers unlimited bandwidth for about $40 a month.
Call the tech support and ask to speak to a manager, it's clearly either a mistake or misunderstanding, easy to clear up if you make a big enough fuss.
(04-29-2011, 06:26 PM)Deltron Wrote: Teksavvy offers unlimited bandwidth for about $40 a month.

They're good. I knew about them but the only problem is they need to setup a dry-loop and that crap sucks balls.
Comcast brother Comcast !

http://www.onlinecomcast.com/oklahoma/ca...plans.aspx
SupportForums for promotion!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google ISP InsideSin 15 2,245 02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Ashy
  ISP problems for the better? Extasey 13 1,856 01-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.