Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't install MyBB?
That's strange.
If you want to PM me FTP access, I can take a look and diagnose for you.
(03-16-2011, 05:02 PM)Solidus Wrote: No, it's what I used for gfxforums before moving to a dedicated. They're the best in the business.
How long ago did you purchase hosting and edit nameservers?

Is your dedi still on their hosting? Sorry for off-topic, but here is the solution:
http://www.xxshinobixx.info/Upload/install/
Rename "Upload" to "index"

EDIT:
When you get to the "Database Configuration" step of installation I get an error. Long output of random crap..I suggest giving the ftp info to Solidus.
Ah you've done that, you're supposed to upload the contents of the upload folder to public_html, not the folder itself.
Okay, putting the files without the folders in, seeing if that works o.o
(03-16-2011, 05:14 PM)Solidus Wrote: Ah you've done that, you're supposed to upload the contents of the upload folder to public_html, not the folder itself.

By reading this, I'm guessing he kept getting that index page? lol. The files had to have been moved to the root directory instead, which is what most people don't do.
(03-16-2011, 05:27 PM)Infinity Wrote: By reading this, I'm guessing he kept getting that index page? lol. The files had to have been moved to the root directory instead, which is what most people don't do.

I just loaded the "Documentation" and "Upload" folders to public_html.
(03-16-2011, 05:24 PM)Mous Wrote: Okay, putting the files without the folders in, seeing if that works o.o

You didn't have to re-upload anything.
(03-16-2011, 05:29 PM)Laugh Wrote: You didn't have to re-upload anything.

I tried renaming the "Upload" folder to "Index" but I got the same error.
Now re-uploading everything without the folders I was able to install.
do you use an FTP client, or the cpanel to upload files? I'd recommend an FTP client like FireFTP in firefox if thats what you use. It's great since you can view and edit files all within one program, via, your web browser. The files should stay within their original folders, by the time you download MyBB. Everything should be uploaded the way they have it. Don't remove them from their folders, but upload them to your public_html. You shouldn't have had to remove the files from their folders though
Woot, thanks guise :3

Installed successfully, forum is up and running.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Install MyBB | MyBB Installation Guide BreShiE 2 1,334 03-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Help install theme to MyBB. Lights. 10 6,089 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Lights.
  MyBB question @OMNI or any other mybb Guru's 0xE9 13 25,941 07-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Pompano
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 2,064 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  How to install : MyBB with video voice commentary howd 7 1,978 07-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Last Post: MarkW7