Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[tut]Change the Windows 7 Login Box
(09-25-2010, 10:12 AM)Tyler Allen Wrote: Make sure you right click ont he file you want to take ownership of and then click the option just for that.
I dont get it. I just ran the .reg key and then copied the file to the system32 folder. Where exactly should i use those options you stated?
[Image: banner.gif]
(09-25-2010, 03:46 PM)ruk00112 Wrote: I dont get it. I just ran the .reg key and then copied the file to the system32 folder. Where exactly should i use those options you stated?

You copied the .reg file to your system32 folder? :S that doesn't do anything. When you click on the file, the registry key gets added to your registry and makes the changes that need to be made already. You didn't need to copy it anywhere, you could even delete the .reg file after you "merged" it with your registry. You should now have an option in your right click menu on your mouse that says something like "Take ownership".

You right click on the file that you want permissions for, and click that option.
(09-25-2010, 04:16 PM)Infinity Wrote: You copied the .reg file to your system32 folder? :S that doesn't do anything. When you click on the file, the registry key gets added to your registry and makes the changes that need to be made already. You didn't need to copy it anywhere, you could even delete the .reg file after you "merged" it with your registry. You should now have an option in your right click menu on your mouse that says something like "Take ownership".

You right click on the file that you want permissions for, and click that option.
I didnt copy that to the system32 folder pal. I only copied the .dll file to it. But i didnt know about the right click and take ownership part and i didnt do that. So i guess that i now know where i went wrong. Ill try it again and see if it works this time. Thanks again for your help
(09-26-2010, 01:52 AM)ruk00112 Wrote: I didnt copy that to the system32 folder pal. I only copied the .dll file to it. But i didnt know about the right click and take ownership part and i didnt do that. So i guess that i now know where i went wrong. Ill try it again and see if it works this time. Thanks again for your help

There are instructions in the downloaded file, please read them.
[Image: tyler-allen.png]
Ok i just replaced the authii.dll file with the one i was supposed to. Now ill restart and see whether it has worked or not.
(09-26-2010, 12:02 PM)ruk00112 Wrote: Ok i just replaced the authii.dll file with the one i was supposed to. Now ill restart and see whether it has worked or not.

Alright, keep me posted and see how ya like it and if it worked.
[Image: tyler-allen.png]
(09-26-2010, 12:02 PM)ruk00112 Wrote: Ok i just replaced the authii.dll file with the one i was supposed to. Now ill restart and see whether it has worked or not.

Glad you figured it out Smile
That login screen looks very nice.

I do not have windows 7 though -____-
(09-26-2010, 01:14 PM)Dean Wrote: That login screen looks very nice.

I do not have windows 7 though -____-

That background or the box that moved the avatar to the left? Windows 7 makes it easier for people to change the background image itself. Whereas if you want to do that in vista your going to have to make modifications to the contents in some of the visual files, or registry. I do like the original layout for the logon screen where its a box, and the avatar is at the top above the password input, but others are different.

I think the most important thing about this anyway is for the learning purpose.
I have done this on my laptop, all of my friends think that it is awesome looking.
[Image: Untitled-10-2.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]How to Reset Password Windows XP/Vista/7 by Hiren's BootCD Jinu 6 20,447 11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Last Post: RedTannins
  [TUT]How to optimise Windows 7 & get good speed? Jinu 2 1,355 12-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: thespragg
  [Tutorial] How to change windows 7 login background image flAmingw0rm 70 23,331 09-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ₠o™
  Windows won't load dvorak on login screen Annuit Coeptis 9 6,338 07-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [Tutorial] How to Change Login Screen WMM 23 2,577 05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Marik™