Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When you just can't sleep?
(07-31-2010, 08:50 PM)Travy Wrote: Yeah I have sleep insomnia so it takes me like 2 hours after I get in bed to actually fall asleep; what I do is usually take pills or just get on my laptop til I'm tired.

same, except iv become imune to most pills out there so i just get on my laptop or just lay there. my insomnia iv had since i was about 6-7 and it sucks on school nights. go to bed at 10 go to sleep at 3
Try hardening every muscle of your body for 10seconds and then relax. Don`t think much when you want to sleep. Try drinking some water.
If none of these help, you may want better conditions, like more darkness and less noise.
When I just can't sleep I would better get up and do some work or browse HF and SF.
I always think off the dday and what happend. and after that i just close my eyes for 10 minutes and think of stuff..and they i fall asleep
I am used to listen "My heart will go on".. if there is something wrong with my sleeping , and it always worked
Mad
I drink milk or eat meat with a lot of carbs 30 mins to 1 hour before bedtime to help me sleep when I really need sleep. The "Tryptophan" (milk and milk products) and "tryptophan" (meat/protein-rich food) are what I need. I also rub my eyes a bit (it stimulates a "vagal" response making you more sleepy). I sometimes stretch/tense like FibSaSk said. I also agree on decreasing the light and noise levels in the room to zero or to a minimum at most for max sleep. If nothing works, I just watch a movie, episode of a series or anime I've watched before, it mostly helps me get to sleep.

I've also read and heard about, psyching yourself up for sleep, meaning you need to throw out some worrisome, stressful thoughts about an hour before going to bed to induce physical relaxation by reading a light novel, watching a family movie and avoiding the news.
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Speaking Of This Topic.

Lately I Have Been Going To Sleep At 6am

And Waking Up At Like 8pm.

Sad

terrible routine.

but to get to sleep I watch tv online Tongue
I normally fall asleep listening to music. I don't see how screamo works as a lullaby, but it does work for me.
Someone with no history is nothing but suspicious.
(07-22-2010, 05:51 AM)Omniscient Wrote: What do you do when you can't sleep? It's 5:50am and I went to bed at 2am. I woke up every half-hour and mainly laid there restless. I finally decided to just get out of bed and do some work. So here I am.

This is my first post of the day. YEH!

So what do you do when you can't sleep at night?

Which is every day for me. What I do -

I browse HF mindlessly for hours. Then, I also will start coming on here (every day I stay up til AT LEAST 4). I hate sleep. Hate it.

I also watch SportsCenter reruns for like 4 hours. I go to bed at like 6-7-8 AM, and wake up at like 2.
(07-22-2010, 05:51 AM)Omniscient Wrote: What do you do when you can't sleep? It's 5:50am and I went to bed at 2am. I woke up every half-hour and mainly laid there restless. I finally decided to just get out of bed and do some work. So here I am.

This is my first post of the day. YEH!

So what do you do when you can't sleep at night?

Something you can buy at local gas stations and on Amazon.com called Lean and Drank I'll drink 1 full can and end up passing the hell out. They are Premium Relaxation beverages.
[Image: zjxhqb.png]
First to Fight Last to Leave Hoorah!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Longest you've gone without sleep? 13th 23 4,557 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Do you sleep naked? Mono 97 28,574 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Zyx
  How to sleep when not tired? BleepyEvans 25 3,868 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: [nWo] Hulk Hogan
  Are you sleep deprived? Depth 25 3,985 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash