Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MYBB.com hacked?!?!?!?
lol I also initially thought he was american Tongue The guy who hacked WHMCS got arrested a week ago and I think his team mates did this now :\
http://www.h-online.com/security/news/it...87517.html
[Image: IYOy9.png]
MyBB.com was hacked because they installed WHMCS this week.

If you run a MyBB forum it isn't vulnerable so you don't have to worry.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
In other words, they targeted MyBB because HF was too secure for them.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(06-01-2012, 05:39 AM)Cronus Wrote: In other words, they targeted MyBB because HF was too secure for them.

Thats true but its so sad and unfare.. :| anyways i just hope things get normal soon
[Image: IYOy9.png]
Quote:I hope what i am reading is not true though, that they have the database and intend on leaking it.
Thats gotta have massive implications if it happens.

What massive implications? If they leak the DB exactly what's going to happen?

They can read all my PMs and view my IPs and my email address and it won't effect me one bit. You shouldn't use the same PW on MyBB as on another site. You should not be using MyBB PM system to share PW or logins of your other sites either.

And if you did do something you shouldn't. I'm sure you have lots of time to go change some logins.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Does anyone know when this will be fixed? Have they said anything about it?
(06-01-2012, 11:25 AM)Omniscient Wrote: What massive implications? If they leak the DB exactly what's going to happen?

They can read all my PMs and view my IPs and my email address and it won't effect me one bit. You shouldn't use the same PW on MyBB as on another site. You should not be using MyBB PM system to share PW or logins of your other sites either.

And if you did do something you shouldn't. I'm sure you have lots of time to go change some logins.

Well yes i actually assume people use the same passes etc and pass sensitive info over PM.
I know of people that use the same pass for multiple things like emails and logins. Crazy i know but it happens all to often.

As for me specifically? I dont have anything to do with mybb as i think your aware.
Banned for life and i dont run any mybb forums. Nor do i keep the same passwords.
My concern is for the people that do.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Didn't know you were banned for life there.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Damink was banned for raising his voice against them.

I use different passwords on all the sites.

Now 4chan is also hacked, Cloudfare compromised.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(06-01-2012, 12:56 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Didn't know you were banned for life there.

Yep over 4 years ago mate. For the most trivial reasons... Asked to be allowed back and told NO! Thus i run VB.
Anyway i dont want to hijack this thread..

Another day and MyBB is still down? If only the april fools joke was real i suspect this would not have happened Smile
So there setting up new servers etc? How long would that normally take? Not days surely.
Anyway i feel for the mybb community here. Many rely on that site.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Hackforums.NET really hacked? wills 9 3,718 12-29-2017, 03:46 AM
Last Post: rasnajacob
  NBC's Site Hacked Cubs 2 803 11-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Method Man
  HF up but says its been hacked. dylmyster22 5 1,242 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  AIM + MSN Hacked! zShotS 14 1,916 07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Last Post: zShotS