Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When you just can't sleep?
What I usually do is take about 3-5 benadrlys. That works as a sleeping aid, and will make you very drowsy. As long as you do not take too much you will be fine.
push ups always works (for me)
When I can't sleep I usually pull out my pen and start writing some poems, do some push-ups, turn the TV on low or I just listen to some music.

Works for me most of the time.
If I cant sleep I usually hop on the computer lol,
Or Ill listen to my ipod as my eye lids get heavier and heavier.
People usually can't sleep when they are thinking of something important, or if your subconscious mind is trying to tell you to get up and do something, that's why some people turn to Valium for help; unfortunately, your body can build resistance to it, making you increase your dose every time, and eventually get addicted to it. The good news is, if you would want a long and relaxing sleep, a combination of alcohol and a sedative drug can give you just that. Alcohol is an agonist of sedative drugs, which means it can help them do their job: make you sleepy. This means that you do not have to take a large dose of that drug just to get to sleep. You can just take a pill (or half a pill), then have a beer. *This is common knowledge, but just in case some people don't know: Do NOT take beer and aspirin at the same time, it can will kill you.

If you prefer not to turn to sedative drugs, you can always take a nice, hot shower. It always helps me.

P.S. This drug-alcohol combination can make you sleep very deeply though. You might not wake up on time. Hope this helps.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
When I can't sleep, I usually stay in bed for another one or two hours just incase I fall asleep - but if I don't after those hours have passed then I go on my computer and then go to sleep later when I'm reckless.
[Image: eBsyR.png]
MSN - wormaghd@hotmail.com
Need any GFX done? Drop me a PM!
If i just can't sleep, i'll be awake till next evening and go sleeping by then. That's what i usually do.

~J4mmy
[Image: siggp.png]
When I can't sleep, I just smash some pushups out or just watch some T.V then I will fall asleep.
I usually grab the laptop in bed when I can't sleep.
If I'm able, I do the usual routine work, dealing with hf matters, working on my sites, etc. etc. but if it's one of those times when I'm too tired to work, and yet unable to sleep, I just post in random threads, and chat with people.
Well I stay on my laptop instead of studying.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Longest you've gone without sleep? 13th 23 4,312 09-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Last Post: adkisrael
  Do you sleep naked? Mono 97 26,664 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Zyx
  How to sleep when not tired? BleepyEvans 25 3,504 03-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: [nWo] Hulk Hogan
  Are you sleep deprived? Depth 25 3,551 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  I sleep so often these days. Elektrisk 40 11,267 10-21-2009, 05:58 AM
Last Post: S0rath 0f the Black Sun