Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysterious freezing with DVD drive
(11-27-2009, 08:19 AM)4u111 Wrote: The first thing i would suggest is, Go to device manager and uninstall your cd/dvd driver, then restart your computer and it will automatically install the driver again.

Option 2: I am not sure if there's an option in BIOS MODE where it highlights The dvd Driver, If it does/there's an option for your dvd driver make sure is on "AUTO". And also in BIOS Mode, make sure the cable select is set on Secondary IDE and if it's already on Secondary change it to Primary.

Option 3: I guess the brand of the DVD's you are using are really in bad quality. Try to use different type of dvds.

Option 4: maybe it's weird but if you have an anti virus i suggest you shut it down especially if it's Norton.

Good Luck

Hello,
1. I reinstalled the driver: Nothing.

2. I looked in Bios mode and it only offered me the options of PIO 0; MAx PIO 0; Enhanced DMA; Ultra DMA; and Max DMA. Mine was set to Max DMA. It also told me that the cable select was 80 Conductor. I have little idea what any of this means.

3. I'm using NEXXTECH DvDs. Perhaps I'll consider trying new ones. But thats for another time.

4. I have NOD32. It's a very stable AV so I doubt its from that.

I really appreciate the effort and will to help me out though. Thank you.

By the way, when I eject the disc, the computer starts responding and working again. Just some extra info.

(11-26-2009, 04:19 AM)i Failure 88 Wrote: 3 WORDS:
GET A ASUS
HP sucks, my laptop died just over 2 months ago

I'm using a desktop but I want to get a laptop and now I definitely know what brand I'm going to get. I looked at the website and they have a nice selection, and they look pretty. Thanks for the recommendation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mysterious freezing with DVD drive - by 4u111 - 11-27-2009, 08:19 AM
RE: Mysterious freezing with DVD drive - by Annuit Coeptis - 11-27-2009, 10:36 PM