Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insall OS on brand new blank HDD problem
(09-23-2011, 03:06 PM)|Z3R0| Wrote: So I had this piece o' crap 200GB hard drive in which I was keeping everything on. Now it's just not enough space so I got me a shiny new Western Digital SATA3 1TB HDD from Newegg. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6822136533) So I connected it to my mobo blah blah blah - it's plugged in. I start my comp up (without my 200GB drive in) and try to install Windows 7 Ult 64bit via a bootable USB drive. Windows setup loads properly and all, I go to select a place to install it and see a Disk0 with 9350ish Gigs on it. It's not partitioned or anything, but when I try to install it I get a "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information." I can go into advanced options and format and stuff but everything I try to do doesn't work. This problem is driving me crazy and am suppose to be giving away my old HDD to a friend, so I would like to get this fixed fast. (I am using the HDD now so I can diagnose this problem.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I can see you didn't even format the new drive to NTFS. Go do that in your main OS with drive management and the setup shouldn't need to create a volume. Next issue would be your USB with the Windows 7 setup on it. I'm assuming this is pirated? If so we can't help you further here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insall OS on brand new blank HDD problem - by AceInfinity - 09-23-2011, 05:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with replacing hdd. Annuit Coeptis 6 1,295 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis
  Windows 7 from Ext. HDD ProspectDotNet 19 4,297 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Ovchik