Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are lacking in the English language.
Quote:So all this nonsense about English being hard is bullshit.

Well, while it may not be the HARDEST language, it certainly isn't the easiest. I think the reason that so many foreigners find it an easy language to learn is because it is EVERYWHERE! Not to mention that it is THE most popular language of the Internet. In fact, you can't even use characters not found in common English in URLs. In a lot of countries, subtitles are preferred over dubbing when displaying English programs/movies on T.V. This holds true in all Scandinavian countries and many other European countries, as far as I know.

There're an impossible amount of resources to learn English online. Not to mention, that in almost every country, pupils begin learning English at the age of 6 or 7. It also doesn't help that English is an official language of India ^^ But, don't get me wrong; I don't doubt that difficulty of Sanskrit. I've read a lot of articles on it, and seen some Wiki articles written in the language; it doesn't even use the same alphabet as English!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things that are lacking in the English language. - by Elektrisk - 10-18-2009, 01:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm making my own language! King 26 3,946 05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Last Post: KingQuarter
  Not Being Able To Click Things In My Container (HTML/CSS) BreShiE 0 590 02-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Starting A New Language | LOLCODE BreShiE 2 916 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  [English] Homework Help Pleassse [Finals] Buzz Lightyear 0 586 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Buzz Lightyear
  Things you do for fun? Psychosis 25 5,368 04-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Last Post: sparkā„¢