Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meteor Over The UK - 3/3/12
I noticed someone posted on another thread saying how there was a meteor spotted going over the UK, I did a little searching into it a found a few useful things.

Quote:Reports of a "bright light" and an "orange glow" were received by police across Scotland and the north of England around 9.40pm.
The Met Office tweeted: "Hi All, for anyone seeing something in the night sky, we believe it was a meteorite."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space...er-UK.html
That's awesome Smile

lol > "is 'at a metee-or?" I wasn't expecting it at the time. It will go right past us like that though, go WAY out and loop back in on the other side of the earth to see it. It's called elliptical orbiting. Is that a video you took Breshie? If so, that's pretty awesome I say.

If it doesn't hit anything else, or allow something to pull it away from our gravitational field, it can hit or fall to earth at some point in time. This is the best I could do:

[Image: kxv07.png]

Eventually that orbit becomes closer and closer to us though.
Gotta love em British people Smile That is pretty cool. I want a pet meteor. Tongue
It surely sounds interesting, but a shame I never saw it here in Wales.
The accent in the video was awesome though, that's one sure thing.

Would this by any chance be the meteor which has a possibilty of hitting us in 2013?
I remember lying on the beach one night many years back watching a meteor shower. Hundreds of those but allot smaller than in the video, was something to do with the Solar eclipse of 1999. Which I also saw.

Happy memories.
(03-05-2012, 05:44 PM)Sam Wrote: I remember lying on the beach one night many years back watching a meteor shower. Hundreds of those but allot smaller than in the video, was something to do with the Solar eclipse of 1999. Which I also saw.

Happy memories.

That sounds like it would have been amazing.

(03-05-2012, 04:23 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: That's awesome Smile

lol > "is 'at a metee-or?" I wasn't expecting it at the time. It will go right past us like that though, go WAY out and loop back in on the other side of the earth to see it. It's called elliptical orbiting. Is that a video you took Breshie? If so, that's pretty awesome I say.

Nah the video wasn't mine, just what I found on YouTube. I never saw the meteor. Sad

Also, if the British accent amazes you that much, we should talk on skype some time. Smile Thinking about it, we've never spoken yet other than on forums. I have spoke to Sam on Skype a few times, I think I may have spoken to Fragma on one occasion too, but never yourself. :-/

(03-05-2012, 05:44 PM)Sam Wrote: I remember lying on the beach one night many years back watching a meteor shower. Hundreds of those but allot smaller than in the video, was something to do with the Solar eclipse of 1999. Which I also saw.

Happy memories.

I remember stepping out of my house one night and seeing a meteor in the sky, it was strangely-beautiful. I've also witnessed a solar eclipse, can't remember when it was though, probably 2000-2005.
I think those are highly fascinating.

I go out in the hottub some nights and see them.
Such a lie it was clearly a alien spaceship. Everyone round my town saw it too and I live northen UK.
[Image: image.php]
(03-07-2012, 01:34 AM)TalishHF Wrote: Such a lie it was clearly a alien spaceship. Everyone round my town saw it too and I live northen UK.

LOL!
Must be a fast ship and not much protection from the atmosphere as it was burning up basically.
And it was seen in Australia as well guys.
I know this because i was the one who posted up it happened Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM