Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to buy semi/succesful forum
(01-10-2012, 01:37 AM)King Wrote: That's not the way to look at it. You don't give up after two days.
But there is no demand for a bloggers forum, it's not going to be active unless something big happens. I'm looking into creating custom wordpress plugins but it's hard getting members as not a lot of blog owners want to join a forum, they would rather be blogging than posting about their blogs.
[Image: image.php]
(01-10-2012, 01:42 AM)TalishHF Wrote: But there is no demand for a bloggers forum, it's not going to be active unless something big happens. I'm looking into creating custom wordpress plugins but it's hard getting members as not a lot of blog owners want to join a forum, they would rather be blogging than posting about their blogs.

That's utter bullshit. I would love to be a part of an active blogging community. The closest thing I could find was the blogging subsection of DigitalPoint. Which is inactive as fudge.
(01-10-2012, 01:57 AM)King Wrote: I would love to be a part of an active blogging community. The closest thing I could find was the blogging subsection of DigitalPoint. Which is inactive
Really?
Can you answer these questions?

Can you tell my why you would join a blogging forum?
What kind of things would you post?
What do you look for, bearing in mind it is new.
Thanks.
Requirements?

I mean members, quality of posts etc.?
(01-10-2012, 07:20 AM)Techie. Wrote: Requirements?

I mean members, quality of posts etc.?

Depends, If you just pm me your forum and I'll take a look and say how much I'm willing to pay.
(01-09-2012, 03:40 AM)TalishHF Wrote: I know how to do that, but it is easier to manage if it is already active and succesful. Users are more inclined to join a forum that is active and has a lot of active members rather than no members.

Wow this is terrible.

If someone sells you their forum, chances are the community will lose interest because a lot of members stay on a forum because they respect the owner and enjoy posting on their forum. Do it yourself.

Just because no one on SF or HF joined your forum after two days, doesn't mean their is no demand.
(01-10-2012, 01:45 PM)Laugh Wrote: Wow this is terrible.

If someone sells you their forum, chances are the community will lose interest because a lot of members stay on a forum because they respect the owner and enjoy posting on their forum. Do it yourself.

Just because no one on SF or HF joined your forum after two days, doesn't mean their is no demand.
I've also emailed over 200 random blog owners, told 60+ close friends about the site and posted it on some other forums and forum topsites.
Random blog owners...yeah. You can't just spam them and hope they join. You need to build a relationship.
(01-10-2012, 04:31 PM)Laugh Wrote: Random blog owners...yeah. You can't just spam them and hope they join. You need to build a relationship.

I understand but it is very hard to build relationships with random people, I am starting to talk to a few blog owners a lot more so hopefully in a few months I should have a few active high quality members on the forum.
(01-10-2012, 02:19 AM)TalishHF Wrote: Really?
Can you answer these questions?

Can you tell my why you would join a blogging forum?
What kind of things would you post?
What do you look for, bearing in mind it is new.
Thanks.

I would want to join an ACTIVE blogging forum to get the latest information on various blogging tips and tricks, important plugins, and themes for my blog. Basically, I'd want something to assist me in making my blog better than my competitors.

What would I post? Feedback for people asking about various aspects of their site. I would post in SEO-based sections, and help out with the Wordpress and Blogger software where necessary.

What do I look for? A comfortable and attractive place to post. Along with activity. That's anything anyone looks for in a forum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerful VPS & Dedicated Servers - NeironVPS| 24/7 semi-managed support! Concord 0 224 09-17-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Concord
  Powerful VPS & Dedicated Servers - NeironVPS| 24/7 semi-managed support! Concord 0 228 07-21-2024, 10:03 PM
  Get GlowHost Semi-Dedicated Servers| Instant Setup, 2 Month Free, Since 2002! GlowHost-Sales 0 308 06-09-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: GlowHost-Sales
  Powerful VPS & Dedicated Servers - NeironVPS| 24/7 semi-managed support! Concord 0 336 05-22-2024, 07:15 PM
  Powerful VPS & Dedicated Servers - NeironVPS| 24/7 semi-managed support! Concord 0 317 03-25-2024, 10:23 PM