Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do have a religion section?
Religion + debate section perhaps? Like all together and all in one.
[Image: idqWqk.png]
(12-21-2010, 10:47 PM)Buzz Lightyear Wrote: Religion + debate section perhaps? Like all together and all in one.
I don't like the idea of bringing religion into SF though. It seems like it'll bring the calmness down a bit.

(12-21-2010, 10:33 PM)Radioactive. Wrote: Like the ones Saged implemented, but more strict. It doesn't even have to be a religion section. It could be a debate section like I said.
That is a great idea.
[Image: angelsig.jpg]

(12-21-2010, 11:11 PM)Saint Michael Wrote: That is a great idea.
Why thank you. I think a lot of members would like debates on topics other than religion.
Like the rules would be like as follows:
1. No debating about religion.
2. All topics need to be backed up with sound proof.
3. Do not post unless you are familiar with the subject.
We would definitely need some rules as Radioactive stated, it would have to be inforced though, It would need a great moderator.
[Image: angelsig.jpg]

Of course people are going to want to debate about religion, there is no denial about that.

Religion is a touchy topic and I think it should probably stay out.
(12-21-2010, 11:59 PM)TriGz Wrote: Of course people are going to want to debate about religion, there is no denial about that.

Religion is a touchy topic and I think it should probably stay out.

Well, if you have users that are respectful of each others' opinions, then it would have the potential to be a great section.
[Image: idgjkO.png]
(12-22-2010, 12:00 AM)xerotic Wrote: Well, if you have users that are respectful of each others' opinions, then it would have the potential to be a great section.

I suppose. The smarter side of the community could have intellectual debates. I haven't really paid too much attention to the Hackforum's debates about religion.

But I know it can get out of control and full of trolls.
Supportforums could take a different side and be completely understanding about the topic though.
Who really knows?
I still think its a bad idea, if wise sages, priests and imams can't keep there cool taking about religion in person how do you expect a bunch on teenage internet users to behave.
Still its not like anyone is going to be forced to go there so i guess there is no reason not to have one if that's what people want.
(12-22-2010, 12:00 AM)xerotic Wrote: Well, if you have users that are respectful of each others' opinions, then it would have the potential to be a great section.
I haven't really "studied" SF's members, but they seem HQ enough to make it a great section.

I made some new rules for the debate section.
1. Debates regarding religion are not allowed.
2. Debates posted must have two sides post in OP.
3. Debaters must have knowledge on the subject they are debating.
4. All "facts" must be backed up.
5. No debates that are nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How about a Science, Religion, Philosophy, and Politics forum? C4Vendetta 7 949 05-26-2012, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Canoris
  Religion Or Not? Net_Police_Officer.911 8 1,268 04-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,551 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 3,042 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.