Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF loads blank pages
I have FF 2.0.0.4
About three weeks ago this problem started...

I can log into the home page of a web hosting site I belong to, but when I try to access two particular pages from links there, they load as a blank screen. All other links from that page load ok.
Other users of FF on the site seem to be having no problem accessing these pages.
If I use IE I can access ok, so it seems there is something going on in my FF.
I can access using FF in Safe mode.
I have tried disabling my extensions (Stumbleupon and Google Toolbar) but the problem remains.
I have also tried temporarily moving the contents of the Plugins folder but the problem remains.
So I'm assuming that the problem is not with my extensions or plugins, but is with something else that Safe mode disables, but I don't know what!
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for any suggestions.
George.
Try creating a new profile. If it works in Safe Mode, it should work in a new profile.
~ FFW
Thnx for the reply Firefox wiz.

Still having a problem - just tried with a new profile...

Started in new profile and pasted in the URL I wanted and I was able to access ok.
However, every subsequent attempt after the first successful one, it just went back to loading a blank page again.
I tried creating several different profiles and this happened with each one - first access attempt successful, subsequent attempts, same problem of blank page.
Can't understand that - when I created the new profiles, I didn't copy anything from my original profile.
Anyone know what causes that!?
Ok, bit of an update - I've found out how to access in 'normal' mode!

Found that if I delete the cookie from the site each time I exit the site or before I try to access it, everything loads ok. If I go to the site with its cookie - I just get the blank page. Can't imagine why a page won't load if you have the page's cookie, maybe a site fault. (though IE seems to be ok even with cookies)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pages Don't Fully Load SwaToRz 7 2,724 06-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ily