Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Desktop Environments
So, which desktop environment do you use in Linux?

Post Comments here.
GNOME comes with Ubuntu, so that's what I use, but I also have KDE installed with some KDE apps.
Kubuntu comes solely on KDE, and I have a live cd of that. It's nice, but I think because of my poor video card, it enlarged the screen resolution to 460x480, as that was the only option that it would let me select.

On my Ubuntu GNOME desktop, my screen resolution is 1024x768.
Other than that problem with Kubuntu, it would be a good OS, generally speaking about my computer's graphic card.

Dr Small
I don't use Linux, but I do like the KDE icons! Big Grin
~ FFW
I like the clean feel you get with gnome. The KDE just feels tacky in comparison and the least said about Enlightenment the better.
My second choice would be XFCE.
I use KDE, mainly because I like Konqueror.
So, why not use GNOME then, you say?

Well, I don't use GNOME because I don't like the icons GTK+ uses.
Enlightenment sucks, it keeps complaining if I attempt to run it. IceWM is better than Enlightenment, but not my most favourite.
I also got Ubuntu with GNOME, and that's what I am using. Have tried KDE one time, and I don't like the icons Smile
I don't mind the KDE or the Gnome icons, since I'm not a fanatic on images,
but I have KDE and Gnome on Ubuntu, and I prefer Gnome over KDE. ;)

Dr Small
When I first go into the Linux world, I was amazed about all that opportunity's . In Windows world you just got themes, but here you have much, much more. Some prefer GNOME, some prefer KDE ... and some like other things and that's is ok, I think. The best of Linux is, that you have THE CHOICE to make your computer like you want Big Grin

Linux (and Ubuntu) FTW!
I totally agree with you.
There are so many different things that you can change, that it makes your desktop unique. Smile
Set apart from everybody else's computer.
And then, the capability to install so many different programs, all for free!

Now that I've figured out how to install .deb's and .rpm's, it expands my resources on which apps I can use ;)

Dr Small