Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duel Monitor Gap
Hello - Yes, this is my first post Thumbsup

I have a setup here on my PC where I am using two 24" widescreen monitors (as extended display).

However, one thing that struck me, which I believe I have seen done, but cannot seem to find is:

Can I make my computer recognise the physical gap between the monitors and add it in - I don't mean it quite literally, but my having a delay when you are going between the monitors before it appears on the other one would be nice addon for me Smile

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hay what os are you using
Win7 64 - Ultimate
Hmmm interesting. I have used 2 monitors for years now and never have i seen an option for this.
Got me interested in finding out though. Although with my current nvidia control panel i dont have an option for it.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

When I used to dual screen (for the whole two days), my setup seemed to have a bit of resistance to the boarder. If I moved it over there slowly it wouldn't cross over, but quickly would send it over straight away. And If it stopped and I kept going it would push over. Kinda like the feeling of changing gears in a car. Hard to explain.
I didn't set this it just did it itself. Using 2x 7300gs Cards.
I only use 1 card for the 2 monitors.
But i dont get any lag between the 2. As soon as mouse or screen is dragged over the end of one screen its into the next one.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I was probably only using the single card, I can't remember.
I have never been sure that SLI was running until yesterday when it asked me to enable it. It must have been disabled for the last two years!
I very much doubt it, because there'd be no real way to tell the distance between the monitors to find out how long it should take to appear.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,100 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 955 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Help With Duel Boot on Windows 7 magic 3 864 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,893 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Need to fix monitor Clutch 7 1,219 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: djakariuz