Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Windows 7 error.
This has been an ongoing problem for me and was wondering if anyone knows the problem.

The symptoms are this.
Lets say i get a harddrive and install 7 on it. No probs there.
I format the drive and put something else on it. Nix or xp or whatever.
Then when i try put 7 back onto it i get a constant error at 10% install.
The error is Error Code: 0x80070570

First thought was a bad disk. So i burnt another. Same problem.
So i changed burner with a new one and burned new disks. Same problem.
Tried a different drive i had the same problem with ages ago. Same problem.

I even tried getting a new iso image and burn that and guess what. Same problem.

Now i got to thinking perhaps when installing 7 is effects the harddrive in some fashion or perhaps writes to the bios?
I am going to flash my bios tonight and see if that is the problem but failing that i am actually stumped Sad
Would appreciate any constructive advice on this topic.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I always have a lot of trouble with the type of drive. If its dynamic it won't work, but this error doesn't even let me start. Maybe you could convert your drive to BASIC?
It is a drive i had previously installed it on though.
But i will investigate it a little further. Its really got me stumped and i want to find a solution so if anyone else ever has it they can easily solve it.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Try to check HDD integrity with Hiren Boot CD. Then with it you can do a FULL FORMAT(no quick) using your manufacturer software(in my case seagate). You can obtain it by torrent but I can upload it too ;)
I had that problem after I took off Mac from my laptop (Yes, it's a normal PC but I put Mac on it). All you need to do is COMPLETELY re-format the drive. I formatted my drive to FAT and it worked fine after.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Are you still running FAT32?
I think you should up it to NTFS man.
(01-23-2010, 06:08 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: I had that problem after I took off Mac from my laptop (Yes, it's a normal PC but I put Mac on it). All you need to do is COMPLETELY re-format the drive. I formatted my drive to FAT and it worked fine after.

As I said FULL FORMAT

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  windows 7 Error Sp4wn 9 1,419 07-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Simba