Support Forums

Full Version: Woofie's sick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You know Woofie, my black lab mix? Well he's sick with what Mom thinks is an ammonia. Sad He's coughing alot and hocking up stuff sometimes. We've been giving him some medicine which he doesn't like to take, and now he's soo mad at us he won't eat.. :hissyfit:

What do you do with stubborn dogs?? Rolleyes
Sorry to hear that Lacy, but here's the thing:

Don't forget that Woofie doesn't know what is going on, what you all are trying to give him and why. Its not his fault, that's just being a dog for ya. Tongue Also, him being mad is probably not the reason for refusing to eat. More than likely, he is just lacking appetite because he is not feeling well.

FirefoxWiz Wrote:What do you do with stubborn dogs?? Rolleyes

There's not much you can do other than give him time, make sure he takes his medication, using reasonable force if necessary and bring him into the Animal Hospital if he gets worse.

Good luck,
(all together now)Awwww, poor dog.

Can't stand the sight of unhappy or ill animals. Makes me feel sad Sad
Oh, he understands he's sick. Him an' Prince are smart dogs. Tongue

He thinks we are putting some medicine in his food, cause that's what we had to do the first couple of times. He's mad at us, that's for sure. He glared at me the other night!
He'll get his medicine. We've been having to use a syringe to get it down his throat.
Sorry, I'm don't know a lot about diesieses, but whats 'ammonia??'
I believe it's a very very bad cold. (I think)

We just gave him some more medicine a little while ago, and he still won't eat! Sad
For your information, it is spelled, "pneumonia". Not "ammonia".

Dr Small
Huh? What's the difference? I always say it ammonia. . . Tongue
I don't wanna upset you in anny kinda way, but pneumonia is a pretty nasty disease,
I thought it was just a really bad cold?!
Pages: 1 2 3 4