Support Forums

Full Version: I feel like I am missing out on life.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here's the deal if you feel like you are missing out on life (or bored) and need to vent post your story.

This is mine:

Just the other day I was asked to go swimming with a few friends and I refused the opportunity. I know it is because of my loss of self-esteem. I have always been confident in my decisions, actions and thoughts, but after high school I gained a few pounds and it has been psychological warfare. I started to get out more and go the extra mile to regain my confidence, but it saddens me how much I am missing out because of this minor setback.

I know that I am making myself feel this way and even though I know that I am a genuine person who has more to offer than just looks, I cannot seem to shake the insecurity. I remember back in intermediate school I would tease other kids about there weight because I was so afraid that I would become like them. I totally deserve all that has come with gaining weight ("OMG, James is that you? Holy crap you got fat," "You look horrible," "Fat crap"). Even though I would put others down about there weight because of my own insecurities I know it was not right. (I have mended all relationships ruined by my ignorance since then =])

This has been, thanks to my optimism, a wonderful experience. I am grateful for all that has happened in my life (good and bad) because if I have never gone through those things I would not be the person I am today. I have come a long way from being that immature loner. Today I judge no one because I know that everyone has a story and I have always been one for stories Thumbsup.

So I am trying to rebuild my confidence... so maybe I will no longer miss any more life opportunities!
Haha, I guess you don't really need "emotional support". I like your story, looking back in life to become who you are today.
(06-08-2010, 09:20 PM)Wind Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, I guess you don't really need "emotional support". I like your story, looking back in life to become who you are today.

XD would you look at that! You are right I just read my post again and realized that it started off in a depressing tone and then transpired into a happy ending Yeye
As least blunt as this can be said, I suggest getting off of your computer and going outside for a bit as that may prove to help.