Support Forums

Full Version: Looking to buy semi/succesful forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a succesfull forum so if you own a forum and your interested in selling it make a post below telling me about your forum and a price.

Thanks.
You still have to learn how to keep it updated and how to run it successfully however, even if you were to buy one just to feel what it's like to run an active successful community.
(01-09-2012, 03:08 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]You still have to learn how to keep it updated and how to run it successfully however, even if you were to buy one just to feel what it's like to run an active successful community.

I know how to do that, but it is easier to manage if it is already active and succesful. Users are more inclined to join a forum that is active and has a lot of active members rather than no members.
If you acquire one, what will you do with your current project?
If you're just doing this to try to have and say that you run a successful website, then this kind of thing probably isn't for you. People who make their own forum are passionate in what they create it for, and do it not for money, not for saying that you're a powerful admin, but because you also enjoy it. Maybe to even expand your knowledge on something that you enjoy as well.
(01-09-2012, 05:12 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]If you acquire one, what will you do with your current project?
I'll still work on it, but I have realised my current project is a fail. There is no demand for a bloggers forum and people who blogs are busy updating there blogs and don't need to join a forum. Also many of the blogging softwares used have forums for their clients.
(01-09-2012, 03:40 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]I know how to do that, but it is easier to manage if it is already active and succesful. Users are more inclined to join a forum that is active and has a lot of active members rather than no members.

Hello Bro!
Running a community forum is not so easy as you think. I have been co-admin in some forums (country wide) and I quit that because it was not easy job. I also failed in building my own forum. Blogging is an easy way for me. Don't know about your experience!
(01-09-2012, 06:20 AM)Clones Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bro!
Running a community forum is not so easy as you think. I have been co-admin in some forums (country wide) and I quit that because it was not easy job. I also failed in building my own forum. Blogging is an easy way for me. Don't know about your experience!
I love running communities, I have actually had a few succesfull ones in the past but for various reasons they died. I loved it, there was a time when I owned a coding forum that had over 3000 registered users and about 120 users online at one time. It was hard work but I loved it so much!
No would be willing to sell a successful forum first of all and secondly you need to have money to buy a forum.. If you want to buy a successful forum keep atleast $100 in your pocket because thats the minimum you gotta offer if you have to buy something good...
(01-09-2012, 05:47 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]I'll still work on it, but I have realised my current project is a fail. There is no demand for a bloggers forum and people who blogs are busy updating there blogs and don't need to join a forum. Also many of the blogging softwares used have forums for their clients.

That's not the way to look at it. You don't give up after two days.
Pages: 1 2 3