Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first story
The Echidna
Dark sky thundering, lightning zigzagging through the clouds, the waves crashing the shore line, the wind picking up, oh this feels so good . You may be asking who I am, I am Zach skull. My mother is Mariah skull a mortal, my father is the not so liked Greek god Hades. I am not quite so proud of who my father is, especially since he left me and my mother when I was born. I just recently learned who my father is actually, I have had some weird things happening recently and my mom just now decided to tell me my father was Hades the god of the underworld.
I can feel when someone is going to die, if I feel you’re going to die unlike most others, there is no question you will die. I also am quite athletic, black hair, and no surprise here, ADD but I guess all that is just a plus of being a Demigod. I am getting shipped off to go to India for the summer; my mom says it will be good because, now that I am getting older and know what I am then I will be more noticeable to monsters, and the gods. I tried to tell her that I didn’t think it would help any but she says that there are people there like me, who can help train me.
I have one week of summer left before I have to go to camp, so I am going to try and make the best of it, but it won’t be easy when I know I won’t see any of my friends for two months. I decided to go to the beach, on the way there though, I noticed something weird. I thought I was just seeing things, but then a beast with the body of a snake and the head of a woman and 2 swords was coming straight at me. I was trying to figure out what I could do, but there were no weapons around me at all, so I decided my best bet was to run for my life.
I took off running, I am an exceptionally fast runner but this thing was faster. I was running fast, but the snake woman was gaining quickly, when all of a sudden Boom I ran smack into one of my friends Jacob Shaddix. Jacob asked me, “Why you in such a rush Zach?” I told him that I was being chased me a snake woman with two swords. He told me, to run he would take care of the snake woman, I started to ask him how, but he told me to just run. I did as he said, but then when I was about a hundred yards away I turned around, the snake woman was now fighting Jacob, but something was different he had a sword in hand.
He cut off the snake woman’s right arm, meaning she had one less arm now, and then came the other arm, then with incredible speed he cut of her head. I went running up to him, and started asking questions, but he said that we could talk about it in public. I told him that we could go back to my house, and he agreed, when we finally got back to my house we went straight into my room. I asked him what that was that came after me, and he explained it was an Echidna out of Greek mythology. I asked him why it was coming after me, and he said that it was because I was a demi-god and the gods did not support us and the monsters were currently attacking demi gods. I ask him why the Gods didn’t support us, and he explained it was because they were scared that we would over throw them. He then explained that his father was Ares the god of war. He then got talking about the camp, and how it would help train me to be able to fight against the beasts.
The next day, my mom explained that she wanted me to stay indoors until I went to the camp, I ask her why I had to stay indoors, and she explained that Jacob had told her what happened, and I would be safest in doors because the house had enchantments on it making it so no monsters can come in without being invited in. I asked her how the enchantments stopped them, and she explained that if they did try and come in it would shock them and not allow them to walk past the invisible barrier. I was confused about the enchantment but figured it would be best to just let it go, and do some research before I went off to camp.
I spent the next few days before Camp researching on Greek mythology. I found so much stuff that I was wondering if it was real or fake, Some stuff was extremely interesting, and some extremely scary. I liked the idea of the gods overthrowing their parents the titans and understood why they thought we would overthrow them. I didn’t like though, how the sentenced my dad to be ruler of the underworld and never let him leave.
The Echidna
Dark sky thundering, lightning zigzagging through the clouds, the waves crashing the shore line, the wind picking up, oh this feels so good . You may be asking who I am, I am Zach skull. My mother is Mariah skull a mortal, my father is the not so liked Greek god Hades. I am not quite so proud of who my father is, especially since he left me and my mother when I was born. I just recently learned who my father is actually, I have had some weird things happening recently and my mom just now decided to tell me my father was Hades the god of the underworld.
I can feel when someone is going to die, if I feel you’re going to die unlike most others, there is no question you will die. I also am quite athletic, black hair, and no surprise here, ADD but I guess all that is just a plus of being a Demigod. I am getting shipped off to go to India for the summer; my mom says it will be good because, now that I am getting older and know what I am then I will be more noticeable to monsters, and the gods. I tried to tell her that I didn’t think it would help any but she says that there are people there like me, who can help train me.
I have one week of summer left before I have to go to camp, so I am going to try and make the best of it, but it won’t be easy when I know I won’t see any of my friends for two months. I decided to go to the beach, on the way there though, I noticed something weird. I thought I was just seeing things, but then a beast with the body of a snake and the head of a woman and 2 swords was coming straight at me. I was trying to figure out what I could do, but there were no weapons around me at all, so I decided my best bet was to run for my life.
I took off running, I am an exceptionally fast runner but this thing was faster. I was running fast, but the snake woman was gaining quickly, when all of a sudden Boom I ran smack into one of my friends Jacob Shaddix. Jacob asked me, “Why you in such a rush Zach?” I told him that I was being chased me a snake woman with two swords. He told me, to run he would take care of the snake woman, I started to ask him how, but he told me to just run. I did as he said, but then when I was about a hundred yards away I turned around, the snake woman was now fighting Jacob, but something was different he had a sword in hand.
He cut off the snake woman’s right arm, meaning she had one less arm now, and then came the other arm, then with incredible speed he cut of her head. I went running up to him, and started asking questions, but he said that we could talk about it in public. I told him that we could go back to my house, and he agreed, when we finally got back to my house we went straight into my room. I asked him what that was that came after me, and he explained it was an Echidna out of Greek mythology. I asked him why it was coming after me, and he said that it was because I was a demi-god and the gods did not support us and the monsters were currently attacking demi gods. I ask him why the Gods didn’t support us, and he explained it was because they were scared that we would over throw them. He then explained that his father was Ares the god of war. He then got talking about the camp, and how it would help train me to be able to fight against the beasts.
The next day, my mom explained that she wanted me to stay indoors until I went to the camp, I ask her why I had to stay indoors, and she explained that Jacob had told her what happened, and I would be safest in doors because the house had enchantments on it making it so no monsters can come in without being invited in. I asked her how the enchantments stopped them, and she explained that if they did try and come in it would shock them and not allow them to walk past the invisible barrier. I was confused about the enchantment but figured it would be best to just let it go, and do some research before I went off to camp.
I spent the next few days before Camp researching on Greek mythology. I found so much stuff that I was wondering if it was real or fake, Some stuff was extremely interesting, and some extremely scary. I liked the idea of the gods overthrowing their parents the titans and understood why they thought we would overthrow them. I didn’t like though, how the sentenced my dad to be ruler of the underworld and never let him leave.

Please tell me what you think of this, i may expand on it a lot more.
edit: btw im 14 so in general that'd be the age group it'd be aimed at
[Image: psychois21.png]
That was a great read. Nice use of figurative language through out the piece.
I loved it mean really clean and simple.

I wish i was allowed to +rep. Smile

Great work.
[Image: 2zszdd5.png]
Well thank you, so im guessing this means i should write the second part and post it Smile.
Great writing, and good storyline, a really appreciate the story, it was a fun read.
Thank you very much, i might start on the second part soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Word Story Minus-Zero 781 247,754 11-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SynorisTechnologies
  [Narrative Story] Empty Creatures Froggy 6 1,720 10-15-2016, 03:19 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Creepy story - Curiosity thespragg 2 1,164 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  Short Story, don't know if I should continue. Speak 2 1,447 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  A Light In The Window, Short Story. Barneyyz™ 19 2,978 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash