Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Rap
I'll be continuously updating this tutorial.

I will be teaching you how to freestyle and actually make sense, and I will also be teaching you how to just write lyrics.

I'll be teaching how to write lyrics first.

You can make a rap without a beat, but it just won't feel right. Writing to a beat makes flow easier when you produce. If you can't make a beat, get one off of youtube, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnlsJdtbvk0

Now that you have a beat, think of what you want to rap about. For this tutorial, I want to rap about a girl. A simple thing to do that most people can relate to.

We're going to get a word that's easy to rhyme with first. I'll start with the word "her".

Quote:I can't think of her
It's all a blur

Very simple. Slowly rhyming her with blur. When writing lyrics, you don't want to get too caught up with one vowel sound. Try to do 2 to 3 same vowel sounds, and then switch into a fast paced flow with a different sound.

It's all a blur
It never occurred to me
She was the one for me and for eternity
I will get on my knee
Hopefully she will be

Now it's starting to sound a little better in your mind, so you can try to finish the verse with some "wit". All verses should end with an abnormally witty / good flowing line.

It's all a blur
It never occurred to me
She was the one for me and for eternity
I will get on my knee
Hopefully she will be
*Faster* She will agree youll see she will be with me if she wont ill pee on her IP address I've addressed it

Just a fun little line at the end of the verse that sounds pretty good in my head personally.

There's not really much I can say but to follow those guidelines about not using too many vowel sounds, and ending with a snappy line.

Here's some tips for song writing:
  • Whisper what you wrote after each line you write. It'll come together.
  • Don't rush it. Do at most two verses per day, and perfect each verse. If the verse is so good you can't change it anymore, spend the rest of the day practicing it, and the rest of the day just thinking about what the next one will be about.
  • Make sure it's interesting. Nobody cares about your drugs and money.

I'll continue this guide more tomorrow, and I'll format it later. I'll give tips on making rhymes come to your head easier when freestyling.

I'll also release my own little song with a beat I made as an example of fast rap following these guidelines.
(08-05-2010, 08:02 PM)Tate Wrote: Make sure it's interesting. Nobody cares about your drugs and money.

Had to laugh at this. Quite an original idea for a guide, I look forward to its development.
This is a pretty good guide, and it made me laugh @what Eve posted Tongue
Alright, thanks for the input. Should I continue this guide with a free styling guide (which will be put together better), or just continue this more in depth?
Pretty nice overall guide I'd give it a 8.5/10.
[Image: zjxhqb.png]
First to Fight Last to Leave Hoorah!!
Hey you think you could help me get started here idk what to say http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=10452 nice tutor though!
[Image: pughacking.png]
Lol, I like the IP address part at the end.
(08-07-2010, 03:20 PM)Amslappy Wrote: Lol, I like the IP address part at the end.

Yeah that was quite funny it made me laugh. Good tutorial really well written out. Thumbsup
[Image: HJmbY.gif]
Thanks for the guide bro it made me laugh at what some people said.
[Image: 2d0l0fl.png]
(08-07-2010, 08:01 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: Yeah that was quite funny it made me laugh. Good tutorial really well written out. Thumbsup

Funny lines keep people listening, and you randomly throw them in when you're trying to get a serious message across.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RAP] I loved you so much TalishHF 9 2,406 01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: DoX
  Poem/Rap Synn 24 3,441 12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Infinity
  [Poem/Rap] Absurd BlackChaos 2 1,044 04-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Where do you sing or rap HakkuR* 13 2,077 04-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: ImFocuzz
  More Rap From Focuzz! :) ImFocuzz 0 663 04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Last Post: ImFocuzz